- Register for a Learning Link account or log in to your existing account:
- After you are logged in to Learning Link, come back to this page.
- Under "Need access to 'locked' resources?" below, follow the link to register with your access code or purchase access online.
- You will receive an email confirmation from email@example.com. Click on the link in that email to be taken to a Sinauer account registration page.
- On completing the form, you will be asked to go to nia2.sinauer.com. Log in using the same email and password that you just inputted into the form to access the resources.
PLEASE NOTE: This software is delivered as a download and installed on your local computer. Purchase is not refundable once the software has been downloaded.
Download site available at nia2.sinauer.com
Important Note for Mac Users: After purchasing, when going to the site above to download the software, please download the latest beta version using the link at the top of the download page. The beta version provides compatibility with the newest version of macOS.
Neurons in Action 2 is the second version of a unique software learning tool that combines hyperlinked text with NEURON simulations of laboratory experiments in neurophysiology. Version 2 features nine new tutorials introducing new channel types, single-channel simulations, and a redesigned interface. Neurons in Action's moving graphs provide insight into nerve function that is simply not possible with conventional, static text and figure presentations. Students discover how changing parameters such as neuronal geometry, ion concentrations, ion channel densities, and degree of myelination affect the generation of action potentials, synaptic potentials, and the spread or propagation of voltages within a neuron.
Need access to ‘locked’ resources?
Please login to view purchased products or purchase new ones.