Resources to accompany Smith, Hogan, and Ormerod's Essentials of Criminal Law (4th edition) include:
- Video tutorials: a selection of author videos from John Child, David Ormerod, and Chaynee Hodgetts are available explaining key topics and principles, with accompanying transcripts.
- Self-test questions: questions are organised by chapter and can be filtered to select only certain topics from that chapter, contributed by Chaynee Hodgetts.
- Scenario questions: self-test questions based on scenarios are available for each chapter, contributed by Chaynee Hodgetts.
- Examination questions: each chapter is accompanied by two sample examination questions with answer guidance from John Child and David Ormerod to help hone your assessment skills.
- Chapter summary sheets: these downloadable documents, written by John Child and David Ormerod, offer you a quick summary guide to each chapter
- Animated diagrams: Chaynee Hodgetts narrates animated diagrams of key concepts
- Audio recordings: audio recordings from Chaynee Hodgetts introduce each chapter
- Bibliography, web links, and further reading: use this complete list of references compiled by John Child and David Ormerod for further research and to prepare for essay assignments
- Abbreviations used in the texts: a useful reference to the principal textbooks and legal journals cited throughout the texts