Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition, by S. Marc Breedlove.
For 20 years, instructors have relied on the textbook Biological Psychology for a definitive and comprehensive survey of the neuroscience of behavior. Thanks to the explosion of work in the neurosciences, each of the seven editions has included more neural details than the one before. Thus the time has come to revise the title to reflect the evolution of both the book and the field: Behavioral Neuroscience.
Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition provides undergraduates with a lively survey of the field. It offers a broad perspective, encompassing cutting edge neuroscience, lucid descriptions of behavior, evolutionary and developmental perspectives, and clinical applications of research. Despite this comprehensive range of material, the authors have striven in the latest revision to lay bare the neuroscience concepts underlying behavior with concision and clarity.
- Learning is supported by a best-in-class full-color art program, including hundreds of original illustrations that make it easy to understand structures, mechanisms, and processes in the brain. Many additional graphical elements have been reproduced from primary research sources, bringing the learner closer to the science behind the subject matter.
- Every chapter includes a special feature called “The Cutting Edge” that highlights an up-to-the-moment discovery or technical innovation, while illustrating the logic and methodology of experimentation and hypothesis testing
- Each chapter ends with a unique feature, the “Visual Summary,” a poster-like layout that provides a graphical review of the major topics of the chapter and directs students to the figures and online animations that reinforce each point.
- The text is supported by a rich array of internet-based resources.
- Over 500 new citations keep the text current and an excellent resource.
Thorough and reader-friendly, Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition reveals the fascinating relationships between the brain and behavior.
Companion Website (behavioralneuroscience8e.com)
Each new copy of the textbook includes 180-day access to the Companion Website.