Click on each question to check your answer.
1. What are the different types of political advertising?
*Answer:Describe government advertising and the use of media such as newspaper, TV ads, as well as digital media; describe the role of propaganda in campaigning and the difference between negative, positive, and comparative political advertising; and describe the negative impact of attack ads on political campaigning.
2. How has digital media changed the nature of politicking in Canada?
*Answer: Describe the role of social media, hacktivism, slacktivism, e-government, and e-democracy in promoting political awareness.
3. What are some of the differences between positive and negative messaging?
*Answer:Describe positive messaging in terms of uplifting campaigns, direct methods, wedge issues, and political correctness; and describe negative messaging in terms of exploiting opponents’ weaknesses, negative campaign ads and attack ads, and criticism.
4. Explain how information communications technology has changed the way citizens participate in Canadian politics.
*Answer: Describe and discuss how e-government tends to get citizens involved and deliver programs and services, and discuss how information technology promotes e-democracy.
5. How have public-opinion research, political marketing, and narrowcasting changed Canadian politics and democracy?
*Answer: Describe how business marketing practices have entered Canadian politics. Describe the evolution from parties campaigning largely on a pan-Canadian basis, to now targeting their appeals to specific groups of individuals across the country.