Chapter 6: International organisations
Key points for reflection:
- International organisations (IOs) as international legal persons, and thus possessing legal subjecthood
- Legal subjects are capable of bearing rights and duties/obligations, though IOs bear a different category of subjecthood to States
- Great variety between IOs, being created by States to fulfil wildly different functions
- How does international law apply to international organisations?
- How do international organisations develop international law
- The United Nations as the most ‘universal’ international organisation