- Bainham, A. (1989). ‘When is a parent not a parent? Reflections on the unmarried father and his child in English law’, International Journal of Law and the Family, 3: 208.
- Eekelaar J. (1991). ‘Parental responsibility: State of nature or nature of the state?’Journal of Social Welfare and Family Law, 37.
- Gilmore, S. (2003). ‘Parental responsibility and the unmarried father – a new dimension to the debate’, Child and Family Law Quarterly 15: 21.
- Harris, P. and George, R. (2010). ‘Parental Responsibility and Shared Residence Orders: Parliamentary Intentions and Judicial Interpretations’, Child and Family Law Quarterly 21: 151.
- Law Commission (1985). Family Law Review of Child Law: Guardianship, Working Paper No. 91.
- Lewis, J. (2000). ‘Family Policy in the post-war period’, in S. Katz, J. Eekelaar and M. Maclean (eds), Cross currents – Family Law and Policy in the United States and England, 81.
- Lowe, N. (1997). ‘The meaning and allocation of parental responsibility – a common lawyer’s perspective’, International Journal of Law, Policy and the Family, 11: 92.
- O’Donnell, K. (2004). ‘Re C (Welfare of Child: Immunisation) – Room to refuse? Immunisation, welfare and the role of parental decision making’, Child and Family Law Quarterly 16: 213.
- Reece, H. (2009). ‘The degradation of Parental Responsibility’, in R. Probert, S. Gilmore and J. Herring (eds), Responsible Parents and Parental Responsibility. Oxford and Portland, Oregon: Hart Publishing.