Take a look at these further reading suggestions to deepen your understanding:
- The website of American Clean Power
- DTU Wind Energy, Global Wind Atlas 1.0
- Miller et al.’s article on ‘Estimating maximum global land surface wind power extractability and associated climatic consequences’, published in Earth Syst. Dynam. 2, pp. 1-12, 2011
- Sutherland’s report ‘On the fatigue analysis of wind turbines’ published in 1999
- Keith et al.’s article on ‘The influence of large-scale wind power on global climate’ published in PNAS 101, 46, pp. 16115–16120, 2004.
- An overview of electricity domestic consumption in the Global Energy Statistical Yearbook