Take a look at these further reading suggestions to deepen your understanding:
- An overview on fracking in the United States of America on Wikipedia
- The BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2020
- Chris Goddall’s newsletter on options to move away from fossil fuels
- The Global Status Report of Carbon Capture and Storage provided by the Global CCS Institute
- Lazard’s levelized cost of energy analysis, Version 13.0
- Historical oil price data for the last 70 years
There are also many websites that quote steam table data for specific thermal conditions.