Start thinking about your research early
Chapter 4, Page 75
- The chances are that you will be asked to start thinking about what you want to do research on well before you are due to start work on your dissertation. It may even be mentioned in the very first weeks of your course!
- it is worth giving yourself a good deal of time:
- as you are doing your various modules, begin to think about whether there are any topics that might interest you and that might provide you with a researchable area and research questions
- this may at times feel like a rather unproductive process in which a number of false starts or changes of direction are made
- however, taking the time to explore different avenues at the point of problem and research question identification can prevent difficulties at a much later stage
To see video clips of students talking about how they embarked on their research, click here